Thursday, August 16, 2012

The First Entry....Here Goes

My life has always been interesting I guess, in the way that most lives are, but in the last two years it's become more of a "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride". I'm pretty happy about it really. I've learned more and experienced more in this time, both good and bad. It has been a road full of ruts and bumps at times, much like a giant slalom, teaching me the value of shock absorbers as well as flexibility. The uphills and downhills have rivaled that first incline on a roller coaster. You know, the one that has you tingling with anticipation on the way up and flings your stomach into your throat on the way down....and you love it. You giggle and scream. Sometimes it makes you a little weak in the knees. So for those of you that just happen to stumble upon this blog and read it, as well as for those of you that know me in some way but don't necessarily know my life that well, perhaps I should provide a little history....yes? Ok, but a brief history. After all, you didn't come to this page to read a text book.
Here's the contents of the nutshell that is my brief recent history. In the last two years I have:

  • Gotten divorced. It was civilized and ended with no ill will toward each other. It just wasn't meant to be.
  • Began a new relationship with an old high school friend named Neal and am very happy. We're the likeliest unlikely couple there ever was. We have our own way, we're different, we occupy our own world, and we love it.
  • Beginning a new family with Neal. Yes, as I sit here typing this I am experiencing piercing heartburn and working around a large belly where our son currently resides. He is due in 3 days.
  • Moved to a new city (smack dab in the middle of pregnancy), 3 hours away from my family and all my friends.

You might think I'm crazy. You might be partly right. But I am happy and this life is mine. And I love it. So hang on and enjoy the ride with me if you like. Maybe it seems more interesting and exciting to me than it actually is. That's ok. Or maybe you'll be entertained and decide to stick around. That's ok too. The main point of having this blog at all is the fact that yes, my life has changed and is changing so quickly, and the majority of those I want to share it with are not close by. So really it's a tool for me and maybe some therapy too, as well as a way for those who wish to keep up and in touch to do so. I suppose it is the narration, hopefully an interactive one, of the ride of my life.

5 comments:

  1. Love. Looking forward to reading more. I like your writing style. Hang in and buckle up, friend. God has amazing plans for your life (Jeremiah 29:11-13)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mer! Some of my favorite verses there...my #1 being "You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart". :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity, I know that I have been a pretty "distant" cousin to all of you guys, but I look forward to catching up and I have already added you to my Google Reader so I don't miss a single post.

    Good luck with the delivery......and the Ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I look forward to catching up as well. Random memory that popped in my head....learning to play your keyboard one Christmas. :)

      Delete